Wednesday 7 September 2011

Healthy Diet Pyramid Singapore

Following this Healthy Diet Pyramid is a very good way of maintaining BALANCE in your diet. As I have metioned earlier, BALANCE is the key to living a healthy lifestyle. Too much or too little of anything, and you are in the danger zone.  Below, we can see the Healthy Diet Pyramid for Singaporeans. So, now I am going to analyse my diet using this pyramid as a guide.

Rice and alternatives contain carbohydrates, which is an energy-giving nutrient. For me, I do eat at least 1 bowl of rice everyday, wholemeal breads (wholegrain products), cornflakes cereal and croissant. But, per day, I am not eating at least 5 servings of rice and alternatives. That explains my carbohydrate level, which was less than recommended amount.

Now to fruits and vegetables. I do eat 2 servings of vegetables and 1 serving of fruits everyday. I should eat 1 more serving of fruits daily so that I will get more vitamins and minerals like iron.

Since I'm a vegetarian, I do not eat meart products. So, I should eat more alternatives for meat. I do eat lentils and chick peas and nuts, though there is only very little in my 3-Day Diet. I also eat yoghurt daily which contains high amount of calcium.

For the last section, Fats, Oils, Sugar and Salt, I eat more than recommended amount of everything in this section when I'm supposed to eat less. I should have more self-control and make healthier choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment